Help Scout provides several tools for developers to get the most out of the product:
- Custom Apps - push customer data to Help Scout via a webhook callback
- Beacon - live chat, help docs, and a customer portal all in one
- Mailbox API - read and write data to Help Scout mailboxes
- Webhooks - read and write data to Help Scout mailboxes
- Docs API - read and write data to your Docs sites
We suggest spending time with Custom Apps first, because it’s an easy way to create a lot of value for people on your team. Simply setup a webhook callback URL and you can push data to the customer sidebar quickly and securely. Start with Custom Apps, then check out the APIs to do something more complicated.
Building a Public Integration
Will you be marketing your project to the public? Awesome! But before you launch anything, please read over our brand guidelines to make sure everything looks tip top. When it’s finished, be sure to let us know so we can tell everyone about it.