Help Scout provides several tools for developers to make magic happen:
- Apps - display your own content as an internal sidebar application in the Mailbox
- Beacon - live chat, help docs, and a customer portal all in one
- Mailbox API - read and write data to Help Scout mailboxes
- Docs API - read and write data to your Docs sites
- Webhooks - get notified about activity in Help Scout
We suggest spending time with Apps first, because it’s an easy way to create a lot of value for people on your team. You can be up and running in no time at all by following the Getting Started guide to display content in the Mailbox sidebar quickly and securely.
Building a Public Integration
Will you be marketing your project to the public? Awesome! But before you launch anything, please read over our brand guidelines to make sure everything looks tip top. When it’s finished, be sure to let us know so we can tell everyone about it.