Help Scout provides several tools for developers to make magic happen:
- Custom Apps - push customer data to the Help Scout sidebar
- Beacon - live chat, help docs, and a customer portal all in one
- Mailbox API - read and write data to Help Scout mailboxes
- Docs API - read and write data to your Docs sites
- Webhooks - get notified about activity in Help Scout
We suggest spending time with Custom Apps first, because it’s an easy way to create a lot of value for people on your team. You can be up and running in a couple hours by setting up a webhook callback URL, then pushing data to the customer sidebar quickly and securely.
Building a Public Integration
Will you be marketing your project to the public? Awesome! But before you launch anything, please read over our brand guidelines to make sure everything looks tip top. When it’s finished, be sure to let us know so we can tell everyone about it.